Wednesday, November 12

The Greatest Command

This semester has been absolutely exhausting. I have been trying to balance work, family, friends, girlfriend, 15 upper division credits, two different club's leadership positions, church, and working out (Ha! like that ever happens). I know that some of you may have been concerned about the lack of posts, but you need not be, I have been continually thinking about philosophy, history, theology, spirituality, etc. Though I may be able to blow you away with discussions of all sorts of things (doubtful), this will suffice for now.

The writer of Ecclesiastes ends the book with this phrase, "Of making many books there is no end, and much study is a weariness of the flesh" 12:12.
No matter how much knowledge or wisdom I gain it is all weariness and vanity. There is but one thing to do, "fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgment with every secret thing, whether good or evil" 12:13b,14.
I am grateful that I have had the opportunity to go a university and acquire new skills but it still remains that the greatest commandment is to "love the Lord your God will all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength ... [and to] love your neighbor as yourself" Mark 12:29-31

1 comment:

Brandy said...

This is a good thing to keep in mind. I'm glad you shared!