Sunday, January 28

O for a Thousand Tongues

O for a thousand tongues to sing my geat Redeemer's praise,
The glories of my God and King, the triumpohs of His grace.
My gracious Master and my God, assist me to proclaim,
To spread thru all the earth abroad the honors of Thy name.
Jesus! the name that chams our fears, that bids our sorrows cease,
'Tis music in the sinner's ears, 'Tis life and health and peace.
He breaks the pow'r of canceled sin, He sets the pris'ner free,
His blood can make the foulest clean - His blood availed for me.
Hear Him, ye deaf; His prase, ye dumb, your loosened tongues employ;
Ye blind, behold your Savior come; and leap, ye lame, for joy.
Glory to God and praise and love be ever, ever giv'n
By saints below and saints above - the Church in earth and heav'n.

~Charles Wesley

1 comment:

Chad Honsinger said...

A man that can express his praise and his heart for so wonderful a king. I particually noted his hope for that which is eternal. His faith led him to think on the saints below and above. And not in an 'Oh grandma' sort of way. His mind was set on things above because his heart was overflowing with the wellspring of living water, Christ. What a great God that 'chams our fears'. And that special touch of humble older english contentment brought out in 'chams' gives you that warm feeling.